Letting Christ Transform You From The Inside Out
(Focus: God's nature - who he is - reigning in heaven. This quenches our inborn need to just praise God)
(Isa 40:10,11,28-end,Psalm 150);
Additional scriptures: Ps 147:1-11,Job 39:1-4; Gen 6:5-6, Matt 25:37-40)
Some thoughts on the nature of God and why he is worthy of praise:
* God understands us and is trustworty and powerful.
* God cares about the very little details of our lives.
* God is the epitome of empathy - His heart is filled with pain because of what our sin causes us to do to one another; God feels all of our pain.
(Focus: Thank God for bringing us into His kingdom on earth - specifically a community of Christ followers who model a wholesome environment for us. This is a place where we can come as we are, be loved, and be gently encouraged to grow into God's vision for us. Thank Him for empowering us with an eternal mission to help others know His true nature, enter into a relationship with Him, escape the shallowness of our world and enter His loving family. )
Jn 4:34-35, 1 Thes 4:3
* Personally praying about our outreach and concern for those around us in our neighborhoods, towns, workplaces, church, etc.
1 Thes 4:3-8 (God's Will)
Matt 13:31,32,44; Matt 6:33 (The kingdom)
(Focus: Our personal, daily needs such as our rel'ps with our spouses, children, peers, work friends, etc.
Pray that God will lead us to read and digest scripture that will equip us for our day - to face its challenges without anxiety - to trust Him to show us the way. )
Ps 37:1-9,25-26, 2 Co 3:16-18
* God will meet all of our needs and will give us the desires of our hearts. He will actually change our desires and they will be more in line with what is wholesome.
* God will transform us into His image.
(Focus: Confession of sin and prayers to overcome it and have pure hearts.)
1 John 1:5-8; Col 3:5-14
Additional Scriptures: Ro 12:1-3, 1 Pe 2:23-end,Ps 139:23,24
* Be open about who we are, confess our sins to God and to each other (i.e. safe people) and be reminded that we still need and have a savior, Jesus.